Agro-industrial Conglomerate Belje

Following the end of World War II, great efforts were made to restore production in the devastated and destroyed Belje. In 1955, Agro-industrial Conglomerate Belje was founded as the first state-owned agricultural estate of this type in the region. The Meat-processing Factory was built in order to increase cattle export, the dairy plant in Beli Manastir was reconstructed, and the mechanical engineering workshop became the Agricultural Machinery Factory.